WCM U-boat Type VIIC turm I 1/400

So, I intended to build this kit has the famous U-96, popularized by the movie Das Boot:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Das_boot

It was an easy build apart from gluing the main photo-etched "bridge", which is too wide and needs some careful sanding. Everything went well until I had the brilliant idea to remove the primer coat (that had been applied too thick), with oven cleaner. This product weakened the superglue, causing the the photo-etched parts to pop off! Hours of careful assembling went down the drain, so I just picked up all the parts and threw them into the spares box...another kit had died on my hands...


PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket


(this is how it looked before I ruined it...)

No comments: