FB72003 German Soldier Paddling

FB72003 German Soldier Paddling
Contains:

- 1 figure
- 2 arms

Primed with Citadel Skull White. Flesh painted with a base of Vallejo 342, washed with burnt sienna oil, highlighted with titanium white oil with a 10/0 brush.

For the rest, here's a list of the colours I use:

Basic

Uniforms V 830 German Field Gray
Collar V970 Deep Green
Jack boots Black
Low boots V822 German Brown Black
Waders V830 Field Gray
Webbing Black
Or V822 German Brown Black
Ammo pouches Black
Or V822 German Brown Black
Or V986 Deck Tan
Haversack V986 Deck Tan
Canteen V822 German Black Brown
Or V846 Mahogany Brown
Mess Tin V967 Olive Green
Gasmask Can V922 Neutral Gray
Helmet V995 German Grey
Reed Green Uniform V920 German Uniform

Basic Uniform 1939+

Item Colour Code
Tunic German uniform 920
Trousers Neutral grey 992
Webbing Black 950
Ordinance Green Yellow Olive 892
Field cap German fieldgrey WWII 830
Helmet Olive Green 967
Tunic Collar Black green 980


PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket


Tried to create a small Leica III, now it's time to sculpt the hands and arms using magic sculpt.


Photobucket


I ended up changing the bottom half of the figure as it didn't work in the scene I had in mind. More photos oon...

Photobucket

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leica_III


After priming the figure, it was time to start painting it and making the base. I've used Vallejo paints once again, the same colours I mentioned in a previous post further down this page. At this point, it still needs some shadowing and highlighting, and the camera still needs to be painted. I plan to seal everything with Future floor wax and then give it a final coat of Testors Dullcoat. I use the floor wax mostly to hide brushmarks but also to be able to handle the figure while I work on the base.

The base started as a piece of plaster I had here from a previous project. I carved a small slope, brushed dissolved white-glue and sprinkled some fine dust I gathered outside using a stretched lady stocking as a filter. Hair-spray was used as a primer before airbrushing the whole base with Tamiya black - it's a good way to add dept to the paintjob, by letting a bit of the black show through the following coats of paint. The earthy tone was achieved by mixing Tamiya's Desert Yellow, Buff, Earth and Red Brown.

Now it's time for some washes using oil paints, a slight drybrush, to glue the vegetation on and finally the water, made with clear resin.

Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket


All that was left was to pour the clear resin, but this ended to be a problem: the resin leaked creating an irregular surface. I had to pour another thin layer to try to correct it but even after this I had to cut the curvy edges. I was aiming for a calm waters effect when I started, with this problem I had to try to model some waves and hide the mistakes.

I used the following products for the waves:



http://artesdeco.factorc.net/product_info.php?products_id=3328&osCsid=dcc0b1d5531f467


http://www.saa.co.uk/artsupplies/amsterdam-heavy-gel-medium-matt-tube-250ml-980009.html



The first is similar to one of the water products by Vallejo. It's as thin as enamel paint and it's very good to create calm waves with a paintbrush. The second can also be used to create waves entirely but it's particularly useful to create the wake. Both can be mixed with water-based paints.

Here are some photos showing the first layer of clear resin that leaked:

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket


And here are the final shots:



PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

No comments: